We provide Professional Development Programs, Transitional Care and Support Services.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, just imagine the value of an immersive experience. Walk a Mile in the shoes of students with chronic medical needs with this hands-on workshop that lets participants experience the world as their students do.
The overall workshop objectives include:
- Engage faculty in a collaborative professional practice to understand symptoms students may experience in the classroom throughout the day
- Increase faculty’s assessment of symptoms, strategies for learning and classroom solutions
- Promote a deeper understanding of the symptomatology associated with the different types of chronic medical needs
- Support the instruction and integrate technology into learning outcomes for teaching best practices
- Share interactive exercise and strategies for supporting these high potential, yet differently abled and achieving students
Take a sneak peek of Walk A Mile in action.
Tech & Teach Integration
Students with chronic medical needs often find that they are unable to regularly attend school due to the nature of their illnesses. With the use of technology, we can now integrate these children into the classroom without the health risks. Technology is a powerful solution and viable option to include students with a telepresence robot.
Parent Workshops/Panel Discussions
We collaborate with medical professionals, nurse educators and allied health professionals to create programs designed to meet the needs of your school community.
Parent Committee/Coffee Talks
We provide community outreach designed to raise awareness and compassion for families in the community. Discover how to develop and implement school-based programs that leverage the resources of the broader community in order to serve the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of its children and families. Power UP and be proactive, facilitating school support for events and good causes.
Academic Coaching & Tutoring
In partnership with Learning Essentials we can support children with their academic needs.
Please fill out the form below.